Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 13: Speedy veggie soup & a pain in my... glutes!

I made a super quick veggie soup which turned out sooooo good. I used a couple bags of frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, corn, green beans, pearl onions) and sliced up a bag of carrots, and then mixed them with a container of the deli's fresh-made salsa (no salt/oils/etc. added--I checked!) and some veggie broth I had in my freezer (also no salt), and I cooked it all until the veggies were tender. It's so good. Like, SO good. And though I'd never have thought of the pairing before now, the veggie soup made a great side dish to my eggs for breakfast. I highly recommend it if you're looking for an ultra-fast and easy way of making a bunch of really tasty veggies (and it's freezeable for easy storage).

I'm looking for recipes for broccoli soup now too (I'm big on soups), to have with a piece of homemade sourdough bread, to satisfy my craving I wrote about yesterday. Looking forward to that.

My muscle groups are taking turns screamin' at me. It was my glutes' turn today. I could definitely feel those squats from yesterday! :) But it's good. I like this muscle soreness. It's the "good" sore. Not so painful that I can't move freely, but definitely painful enough to let me know that there's some serious burn happening. Which is goooood! Wonder which muscle group's turn it will be tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marissa,

    I have a great recipe for a quick (and delicious) broccoli soup:
    I head of broccoli
    1 head of Cauliflower
    I fennel bulb
    I bunch of celery (no root)
    2 cups of stock (or more to cover)
    Chop all veg, add to the pot with stock to cover and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to simmer and add spices as you like (I use parsley sometimes, or dill and some pepper). Cook until vegetables are soft. Allow soup to cool then mix roughly in the blender. Reheat before serving.

    So simple... and so delicious!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that sounds great, Kelly! Thanks for the recipe! I will definitely be giving this a try soon.

    ReplyDelete