Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 1: Jumping in

It's late afternoon on Day 1 of the Project. I completed my workout for the day, after realizing that my jumprope was not as much the enemy I feared it might be. Which is not to suggest that I'm good at jumproping by any means--but I was up to 23-30 jumps in a row by my last set, which is a far cry from the 2-3 in a row I began with.

My workout was briefly interrupted when the jumprope I was using (a beaded rope) fell apart mid-jump and sent beads flying across my house, and scaring the bejeezus out of my dogs. So after scrambling around picking up beads, restringing the rope, figuring out how to get the rope fixed so it was usable again... well, hopefully that won't happen again. It did make me laugh though. Wish I would've been filming it--I'm sure it looked funny, me jumping away only to be suddenly showered by flying purple and black beads.

And pictures... yep, no doubt my least favorite part about things so far. Having to share my photos preys on every insecurity I've got about my appearance. BUT! Sharing these was sliiiiiiightly easier than sharing the first set of photos (for the blog header). Interesting, that.



PCP is 1.11% complete! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. way to go! I wish you'd filmed that! The jumprope skills I have in my imagination IN NO WAY reflect my actual skills.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six months and/or fifty pounds from now, you'll be SOOO glad you have your starting photos! It will serve as immeasurable inspiration to you once you begin to see the undeniable progress for yourself.

    (My personal photo of myself: the one of all the family guys in the front yard with our "bowling shirts"...I'll never forget my horror at the time seeing that photo of myself and thinking that I cannot let myself continue on that path. I didn't, and I will NEVER go back.)

    ReplyDelete