1. Dre Day (Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg) -->This is a great song to warm up to, by the way. LOL
2. Rock Star (Nickelback)
3. Life Is Beautiful (Sixx:AM)
4. 8 Mile (Eminem)
5. I'm Gonna Be Alright (Jennifer Lopez)
6. There Ya Go (Pink)
7. You Think You're a Man (Full Frontal)
8. Cold (Static-X)
9. Give It Away (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
10. On a Night Like This (Kylie Minogue)
11. This Is Your Night (Amber)
12. Zero (Smashing Pumpkins)
13. Sinner (Drowning Pool)
14. Gone Daddy Gone (Gnarls Barkley)
15. Du Hast (Rammstein)
16. The Fight Song (Marilyn Manson)
17. Everything About You (Ugly Kid Joe)
18. Crazy Bitch (Buckcherry)
19. Why (DJ Sammy)
20. What Is Love (Haddaway)
21. Patiently Waiting (50 Cent)
22. Not Falling (Mudvayne) (2 days in a row! Oh, iPod, you know me so well.)
23. Control Myself (LL Cool J & Jennifer Lopez)
24. Violet (Hole)
25. Genie In A Bottle (Christina Aguilera)
26. Crazy [James Michael Mix] (Alanis Morissette)
I don't know if yesterday's workout was particularly intense, or if today I was particularly weak, but I was fighting HARD to get through. The lunges got to a point where I'd go down... and that was it. There simply was no up. (Remember yesterday I said my legs were jello? Well, apparently the jello was not completely gone yet today!!)
I managed to get all of the reps done, but they wound up being in sets of 4-8 at a time after about the halfway point, because I just could not do another one without a rest. By the time I got to planks, I was a quivering mass. I think the longest I managed to hold was 20ish seconds, and I thought I was going to need a hoist to get back up again. Again, I managed to do the full 160 seconds, but not in 40 second increments.
It was a hard fight, but my butt has been thoroughly kicked. Oof. I'm now going to go try to remain standing upright enough to take a shower... and some ibuprofen!! LOL
Amazing job sticking it out Marissa!!!
ReplyDeleteIt shows a lot of determination and self discipline to be able to push yourself like that when "technically" you are working out all alone. A couple friends of mine were shocked when I told them that Patrick actually lives in Japan and that we do all these exercises alone at home. They felt that if they were left up to their own devices they would never be able to keep with it.
Keep up the good work!
Cool, Marissa!!! 160 seconds of plank? My abs shiver only with the thought of that...
ReplyDeleteHopefully you're getting a solid amount of Glutamine pre- and post-workout! It should help with rebuilding and repairing the muscles that you're successfully tearing down day in and day out!
ReplyDeleteIf you're allowed to take whey protein, that's the optimal time to take your Glutamine - mix it in powder form with your protein powder.
I love that playlist (Zoink - I'm going to use it too!)
ReplyDeleteThat's an awesome mix!! I too become quivering mess when it comes to the floor jumps - I took Patrick's advice about stretching between sets, and I found it works. And breathing!
ReplyDeleteKeep pushing! It only gets easier as time goes on (right??). Good luck!